Some further activites:
- Monthly lecture series (M&M) on Computational Science (ongoing since 2012)
(organizers: C. Filippi, W. den Otter, T. Weinhart)
- Regular meetings of the members to exchange ideas and know-how.
A yearly 1-day event (responsible: Bernard Geurts, #1 event Spring 2017)
- Teaching/Education: Computational Course Program for MSc and PhDs as well as interested staff.
(responsible: Stefan Luding - TGS-CSE Professor).
Collaboration and Exchange
- National collaboration and exchange (4TU, JMBC, EM, Stefan Luding) for example with:
- International collaboration and exchange (International Liaison-Officer: Claudia Filippi) for example with:
Münster: Center for Multiscale Theory and Computation (CMTC)
http://www.uni-muenster.de/CMTC/cmtc.html (1st and 2nd events UT-CMTC Minisymposium series in 2015/6).
or for example:
- Common facilities
Data-management (Ton van den Boogaard and Stefan Luding)
Hardware: computing clusters: in future to be purchased and maintained together to both a: get a better deal, and b: save money on the long term by less technical assistance needed for fewer computing clusters. (responsible Anthony Thornton)
Common facilities (software) facilitate use and exchange of commercial licences used by various groups. (Ton van den Boogaard)
Inventory of existing codes and expertise (Ton van den Boogaard and Anthony Thornton)
Cloud computing - as provider (implementation in progress)
Cloud computing - a Centre can get better deals as bigger user!
- Joint projects across the faculties and institutes
→ Involving MSc students (across the faculties, exchanges) and PhDs (TGS-CSE) with the goal to generate a stronger standing to obtain additional funding, national, european, etc. and thus provide a stronger face to industrial partners and other universities.
CuriousU (Anthony Thornton, 2015 and 2016)
Outreach Design Workshop (March 2015, V. Magnanimo and S. Luding)
- Offer consultancy and expertise to external partners of the UT.
- Organise Training Courses on Computational Science, Engineering, ...
- Open source projects → click here ...
- Spin-off companies → click here ...